Sharon Chamberlin

Catalyst 4 Fitness

As a certified personal trainer and nutrition coach, I work with my clients to establish and lead healthy lifestyle through proper fitness, nutrition, and rest and recovery. These components apply to everyone — regardless of their age, fitness level, or goals. My clients are both local and online so I rely on methods and products that are transferrable from in-person relationships to internet-only relationships.

Often when clients start a new program or when experienced clients work at a high intensity or perform an exercise for the first time, they experience delayed onset muscle soreness or DOMS. This is a result of an unaccustomed load on muscles that causes microscopic tears in the muscle fibers. It generally begins 12–24 hours after exercise and can continue for 72 hours. The symptoms of DOMS typically include local muscle pain, swelling, stiffness, and a temporary reduction of strength in the affected muscles.

Part of my client’s recovery protocol can include the Firefly which accelerates the recovery process, enabling them to return to their next scheduled session or physical activity with little or no limitations. The Firefly is a portable device allowing them to wear it at home, at work, or anywhere in between without calling undue attention.

Some clients have also reported that it has helped them with restless leg syndrome. Wearing the Firefly for 30 minutes each night immediately before going to bed has let them fall asleep without the symptoms associated with RLS.